Saturday, June 3, 2023

Hip Hip Hooray-Send A Smile 4 Kids

 

Happy June! This month at Send A Smile 4 Kids we are creating cards for Tweens/Teen kids. I have a lot of friends who have kiddos and am always in need of a kids birthday card. I was recently at my local Tuesday Morning, which is closing for good, and picked up a set of balloon dies from Crafter's Edge. Using the 2nd to smallest of the nesting dies, I die cut 6 balloons using cardstock from my stash of scraps. I adhered some white twine from Stampin' UP to the base of each balloon. I adhered a piece of neutral grid patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers Bewitched 6x6 paper pad to my white A2 card base. I then layered the balloons directly to the card and glued the strings down with liquid glue. I cut the strings at the base of the card and trimmed down any excess cardstock that overhung the edge of the card on the sides and top. I stamped the sentiment from the My Favorite Things Birthday Chalkboard Sentiment stamp set with Versamark ink onto black cardstock and heat embossed it in white. I trimmed down the sentiment strip and popped it up with 3M foam tape and adhered it to the bottom of the card. I love how easy this card was to create. I can't wait to play more with these fun dies. 

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How fun and wonderful too.

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card! Great find on the balloon die, it's the perfect size to fill a card!

Sybrina K said...

What a cheery, fun birthday card, Celeste. Love it! Sorry to hear your Tuesday Morning is closing. Ours moved to a location too far away for spontaneous, casual drop-ins.