Sunday, April 28, 2024

Happy Birthday


Happy Sunday! Today's card was created for AAA Birthday card challenge. This month's challenge is to create a shaker card. I thought it would be fun to create a fun underwater scene using fish and an adorable mermaid. I started by inking an ombre background panel using Tim Holtz distress inks an Altenew's Scales Debossing cover die. I die cut a large circle in the middle of the panel using a stacking circle die from Spellbinders. I inked another panel to go behind the circle. I popped the main panel up using foam tape and added some clear, marshmallow, and turquoise sequins from The Ton in the shaker panel and adhered it to the card. I then stamped the beautiful mermaid image from Lily of the Valley's Mermaid 1 stamp set and inked her up using my Copic markers. I stamped a few fish and some seaweed from Lawn Fawn's Fintastic Friends and colored them using my alcohol markers. I fussy cut the mermaid and die cut the fish and seaweed images using coordinating dies and adhered them all to the card to create my underwater scene. I created my sentiment by die cutting the Birthday Wishes die set using white cardstock and colored them using my Copics to create an ombre look that matched the card. I attached them to the shadow piece and adhered them to the card. I finished off this card by added some pretty glitter glue using Nuvo crystal glitter drops and some white gel pen for additional details on the mermaid. Thank you for stopping by my blog! 

 

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a magical card! Love the scene you've created and the fun shaker design!

Cardsbymaaike said...

Super cute, i have those mermaids too, should pull them out more often. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges, we have a new one tomorrow, so why now join in again?

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so cute! Love the mermaid too! Thanks for joining in at AAA birthday

The Dream Pages said...

Ibjust fell in love with those deep dark blue colours.. I dont like ocean due to humidity but your card made me feel that ocean / beaches ocean be cool.. I love those rich coloura and those cute elements on your cards..
Thank you for joining us at aaa birthday challenges.. Swapna