Saturday, April 6, 2024

Celebrate Your Day-Send A Smile 4 Kids

This month at Send A Smile 4 Kids we are celebrating the moms/special women in our lives. To create my card, I started by layering some olive cardstock from Hobby Lobby onto my white A2 card base. Using the Stampin' UP Framed Tulip embossing folder and some 110lb cardstock to create by background panel. Using some A2 nesting dies from Pink and Main I die cut the inner panel and the border panel. I stamped the floral images from Stampin' UP's Thoughts & Prayers stamp set using Gina K Designs Fresh Asparagus ink. I stamped the birthday sentiment in the right upper corner using Versafine onyx black ink and Verve Stamp's Poppy Birthday stamp set. Using a paint chip from Lowe's that matched the cardstock, I die cut the butterfly using Stampin' UP's Beautiful Wings Embosslit. I layered the top panel onto the card using some low profile foam tape, added the butterfly with some glue dots, and finished the card off with some clear sparkling gems from The Paper Studios. This was a pretty clean and simple card and think it would make a gorgeous set if done in different colors. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Please be sure to leave a comment and stop by the Send A Smile 4 Kids blog and see how everyone else was inspired by this month's theme. 

 

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely layers, Celeste! I like the little wispy flowers and the simplicity of your design. wonderful card!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is absolutely gorgeous! And how clever to use a paint chip to cut out that sweet butterfly. What a stunning card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such an elegant and very beautiful card. x