Sunday, April 28, 2024

I'm So Blessed To Call You Friend-Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb

 

This month Deb and I decided we would both use Unity stamps for our inspiration. I know I have a ton of them and I'm pretty sure she does too. I stamped Unity Stamp Company's Planner Gal Don't Be Perfect stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock using alcohol-friendly ink. I colored the image using my Copic markers and added some scraps of paper from the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart 12x12 paper collection to create little torn banners at the top and bottom of the panel, which I die cut using a stitched edge nesting rectangle die from Paper Rose. I mounted it onto some light tan cardstock from Hobby Lobby. I created an A2 card base using the same tan cardstock and stamped Unity Stamp's Small Details background stamp using Stampin' UP's Sahara Sand ink for a subtle tone on tone look. Using more of the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart papers, I created a framed focal panel and a contrast piece that I added at an angle. I adhered that panel directly onto my card base and then popped the focal panel up off of my card using some low profile foam tape. I die cut one of the butterflies from Stampin' UP's Beautiful Wings Embosslit and more of the patterned paper and adhered it above the focal image. The sentiment was stamped in Versafine onyx black ink using Verve Stamps Because Of You stamp set. I finished off the card by added some clear rhinestone gems from The Paper Studio and some shimmer using a Gelly Roll clear shimmer pen to the shirt and flowers on the image. 
I went this weekend to a local coffee shop downtown and got a lovely iced macchiato and a vanilla coffee bean cookie to go with it. It was so very good! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I always appreciate your comments. Now, hop on over to Deb's blog and see what fun Unity image she used for her inspiration. 



4 comments:

sfcherry said...

Very pretty, she looks like she might be on vacation on a beach somewhere.
I love all the Planner girls from Unity. Thanks for sharing.

World of Michael Trent said...

Love your card. Very pretty. The small little details like the torn pieces just add another layer to the card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY Lovely, and feminine too. x

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty card, Celeste! Wonderfully layered!