Saturday, January 14, 2017

It's Your Day

Hello, and happy Saturday! It's been a busy week for me with work and workouts. A co-worker has talked me into doing a half marathon with her this coming fall and I'm training for that.  I think I've lost my mind on that one (LOL) but as a result I've barely had time to sit down and get creative. And, when I finally did I ended up spilling an entire container of sequins (about 1,000 of them) all over the floor. So, after a short intermission for sequin clean up I am here to present this fun card I created for my boss for her upcoming birthday. It's no secret that I love all of my Unity Stamp Company's Angie Girl stamps but this one is a favorite of mine. I just love the feminine simplicity of it. I chose this Angie Girl because not only do I think this image suits my boss's style and personality but because, in a world where we see so much female insecurity, she is a fearless individual who is not afraid to be herself and dress to her own personal tastes and likes regardless of how people judge or read her! I just love that and wanted this card to pay homage to her fearless spirit. Anyway, I won't bore you with the details about how I created this card but will say that the patterned papers are from the Colorbok Watercolor Rainbow cardstock and Light Bright 6x6 paper pads, both gifts from my bestie for Christmas...thank you Alana! And the sentiment is from the My Favorite Things BD Chalkboard Greetings stamp set that I recently picked up on a destash from my crafty friend Tammy Hershberger. I just love crafty friends! Anyway, I hope you like this card as much as I do and don't forget to leave a comment. I honestly appreciate them all!