Wednesday, December 11, 2019

The Light Of Love-December Words 2 Craft By

Hello, and welcome to our final Words 2 Craft By word challenge. Unfortunately, our challenge is closing permanently due to the time constraints and health issues from our design team members. Our word challenge is For it is in giving that we recieve. Francis Assisi. I found the most precious image and the perfect sentiment over at Mo's Digital Pencil and purchased this sweet little digital stamp set. I printed her out onto Copic-friendly cardstock and colored her using my alcohol markers. I will have to say that this is the most I've ever colored an image before and I love how the background turned out. I formatted the sentiment in such a way so that I could get it onto a small circle and used a Stampin' UP circle punch to punch it out. I matted the colored image onto some basic black cardstock and adhered the sentiment onto the lower right corner. I attached a piece a piece of plaid patterned paper from Authentique's Solitude 6x6 paper pad onto a white A2 card base that I had matted with some basic black cardstock. I attached the entire focal panel and sentiment to the front of the card using 3M foam tape. I love how beautiful and simple this card turned out. 
As our time at Words 2 Craft By comes to a close I want to thank my fellow design team members and all of the participants who have played along with our challenge in the two years I've been on the team. It's truly been a delight logging in and seeing all of the beautiful and creative ways our challenges have inspired you. I also have to give a very special thank you to my dear friend Sybrina who convinced me that my work was good enough to be on a design team and has been not only an inspiration to me through her work but also through her friendship! I'm going to miss our collaborations together my friend! I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year!


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, her little face is pulling at my heartstrings! This is so special Celeste!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, and by the way...your work is MORE than good enough to be on a design team. Just sayin ;)

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, What a beautiful card... and such a lovely post. I am truly touched by your kind words and incredibly grateful that you accepted our invitation to design for W2CB. I still remember my excitement when I e-mailed Bobbi that you said yes! Thank you for all you've done for W2CB over the years -- yes, I've seen all the comments you've left for us, thank you for inviting me to join you and Deb at Coffee and Cards, and thank you for your friendship. Here's to seeing you in blogland... and to a fabulous new year!

BobbisTreasure said...

Such a sweet face on your little match girl! Thank you for being such a wonderful part of Words 2 Craft By - I will miss your beautiful coloring!