Sunday, June 14, 2020

Happy Father's Day

Wow, it's been a hot minute since I posted a card. I really need to stop playing outside so much and get back to cardmaking! Today's card was created for the latest Tuesday Throwdown card challenge. 
To create this fun and easy card I started by layering some basic black cardstock onto my white A2 card base. I then cut down some shaped pieces of dark red cardstock to create a shirt bracket, collar, and breast pocked and backed each of those pieces with more of the black cardstock. I cut down a piece of plaid patterned paper from the Pink & Main Beach Bum 6x6 paper pad and added that a border of more black cardstock. I added all of those elements onto the card base to create a shirt. To finish my card I die cut some buttons using a MFT button die and more of the black cardstock. I stamped the sentiment from the Hero Arts Happy Father's Day stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink. To finish my card I added some black dashed lines around all of the elements to create a threaded seam. I will be sending this to my dad for Father's Day next week. Thank you for stopping off at my blog today and if you like my card be sure to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all!


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Hey stranger!! It has been a minute or two but you've still got it girl... this is so much FUN!!