Sunday, January 21, 2024

Happy Birthday-Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb

Hello! This month Debra and I have the very talented Maria Batan joining us for our Coffee and Cards collaboration. I met Maria many years ago at a Copic Coloring class in St. Louis and have kept in touch with her ever since. This month, we are using this old Mojo Monday sketch as our inspiration. I adore layers and patterned papers, and this sketch just spoke to me. I started by layering a base focal panel of white cardstock that I die cut using an MFT stitched stacking rectangle die directly onto my white A2 card base. I then cut down patterned paper from Pink Paislee's Flight Pattern 12x12 papers, following the dimensions of the sketch exactly. I did add an additional layer of turquoise blue cardstock from Hobby Lobby to break up the patterns. I stamped the gnome image and balloon from Spellbinders Gnomie Birthday stamp set onto white alcohol-friendly paper, and colored them using my Copic markers. I fussy cut the image out. I die cut a small stitched circle using another MFT die and adhered it to the card. I added the gnome on top. I stamped the sentiment in the lower right hand corner of the card using Memento tuxedo black ink. I finished off this adorable little gnome card by added some white gel accents and pretty gem stickers from Honey Bee Stamps. 

For my coffee this month, I am enjoying a cup of Harry & David's butterscotch caramel coffee in a fabulous mug my daughter gave me for Christmas last year. I am a huge fan of Schitt's Creek! Now, be sure to head over the Debra and Maria's blogs and see how they were inspired by this month's challenge. 



 

4 comments:

Maria Batan said...

Thank you for this opportunity to collaborate with you & Deb again. I love the sketch!

World of Michael Trent said...

Hey Celeste! Love your card and that little gnome. Followed the sketch well.

World of Michael Trent said...

Hey Celeste. Not an easy sketch and I love what you came up with. Cute little gnome.

Lisa Elton said...

A perfect take on the sketch! Your chubby little gnome is super cute in his polka dot hat!