Sunday, November 26, 2017

Merry Little Christmas

I just picked up the fabulous Essentials By Ellen Christmas Scribbles stamp set on a Facebook destash and knew as soon as I saw the newest Just Us Girls photo challenge that I would have to use it! I wanted to keep the card pretty clean and simple, which is a difficult task for me. I like layers and lots of embellishments, but this stamp set made it easy. I started by layering some cherry cobbler cardstock from Stampin' UP onto my white card base. Using my mini-Misti stamping tool I stamped the branches, pinecone, snowflakes, and two ornaments from the stamp set onto some Copic-friendly white cardstock. Using the inspiration photo I colored the images trying to stay close to the color palette. I then die cut the colored piece of cardstock down using a Gina Marie Designs stitched rectangle die and mounted it onto the card using some 3M foam tape. I took another strip of the same red cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set using Recollections snow white detail embossing powder. I ran that strip of paper through my Cuttlebug using the same rectangle die so the edges would match the panel and mounted it directly onto the panel. To finish the card I added some clear Wink of Stella to all of the stamped elements. I only wish I could have captured all of the wonderful shine it added! I think this would be a fun card to mass produce. I hope you like it.


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What cute ornaments! Wonderful CAS design!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your sentiment font goes perfectly with your cute images! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those ornaments are so cute and you colored them beautifully! I love your clean design with the ornaments handing from the pine branch. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!