Wednesday, January 10, 2018

New Beginning

Hello, and Happy New Year! I am so excited to announce that I am the newest design team member of Words 2 Craft By! We have a quote this month and it comes from Meister Eckhart..."And suddenly you know: it's time to start something new and trust the magic of new beginnings." It seems very apropos given it's the beginning of a new year and we all know we all try very hard to focus on change in the new year. So, when I saw the Unity Stamp Company KOTM Never Be Afraid stamp set I knew I had to use that beautiful quote and the leaf. To create my card I stamped the leaf and the sentiment onto some Copic-friendly cardstock using my mini-Misti stamping tool and some Memento tuxedo black ink. I colored the leaf to represent the changes of fall and added some Sakura gelly roll ink in clear shimmer to the veins and heart of the leaf. Love the beautiful shimmer it gives it! I die cut the image and sentiment out using a Gina Marie Designs stitched rectangle die and matted it onto some Stampin' UP black cardstock for a nice mat. I adhered more black cardstock to my card and then topped it with a piece of brown gingham patterned paper by Gina K Designs. I added some 3M foam tape to the back of my focal panel and adhered it to the card at a wonky angle for some added interest. Thank you for stopping by my blog today and if you like my card be sure to leave a comment! 


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

YAY YOU!!! I'm SO happy for you Celeste! You and your amazing creativity are going to be such an assist to the team. Bravo on your pretty debut card and a Happy New Year to you too!!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste,

Thank you again for accepting our W2CB DT invitation! We are beyond happy to have you on our team!!!

And, you've really knocked it out of the park with this gorgeous card. You always make the prettiest cards with your Unity stamps, and this one is no exception. It's just beautiful!

Can't wait to see what you did with the rest of our 2018 words. :)

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you for your kind words Lisa and Sybrina!

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done Celeste!

Celeste Goff said...

Thanks for always letting me come raid your Unity stamp stash Becky!!!

BobbisTreasure said...

So happy you are joining us at Words 2 Craft By! You are right - this sentiment (and card) is perfect for the challenge!!