Wednesday, September 4, 2024

May All Your Wishes Come True

 


Today's card was created for my granddaughter's upcoming birthday. She absolutely loves sunflowers, and I thought I would challenge myself and create a sunflower card for her big day. I started by stamping the background directly onto my white A2 card base by using Stampin' UP's crumb cake ink and Heidi Swapp's woodgrain background stamp. I then inked around the edges and some of the card base using the same ink to make it look more like wood. I then stamped the sunflower and leaves images from Recollections Sunflowers stamp set onto white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored them using my alcohol markers. I fussy cut the images out and adhered them to the base of my card using thin foam tape. I stamped the sentiment from Pawsome Stamps XL Birthday Greetings stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink in the upper left corner of the card base. I finished off my card by adding some pretty sparkling black gems around the card to add some additional sparkle and shine. Thank you for stopping by my blog today! 

2 comments:

Kim S said...

Beautiful! Isn't it fun to create a card for someone that is exactly what they love?! Your granddaughter will love it.

Lisa Elton said...

I think this is going to be a big hit, grandma! Love those pretty sunflowers to bits and they look wonderful on the woodgrain background!