Monday, October 12, 2015

Happy Halloween

I don't send out a lot of Halloween cards but I have a friend who is a fellow fan of The Walking Dead and thought I would pop this one in the mail for her and it would be perfect for the new Can You Case It challege. I started with a base of black cardstock from Hobby Lobby. I stamped a Heidi Grace chevron background stamp onto some smoke grey cardstock (also from Hobby Lobby) using some Colorbox chalk ink in charcoal. I then stamped the happy Halloween sentiment from MSE Hallween Innies & Outies stamp set in Versafine onyx black ink. I stamped the blood splatter and the nom nom from the Sweet Stamp Shop Zombies stamp set. I took my white gel pen and added a few dots around the card background. I stamped the zombies onto some white cardstock and colored them in using Copic markers and added some clear Wink of Stella glitter pen and then popped them up onto some foam dimensionals by Stampin' UP. I added a bit of clear Wink of Stella to the blood and called this card done. 


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Eeeek!!! I think your friend will get a kick out of this!!

Ina G said...

Being an Aussie I am not into halloween but WOW how fabulous this card is. I love that it is so different. Those zombies are amazing. Totally cool card for your friend. Thanks for the lovely comment on my latest card at JUGS.

Terri said...

Absolutely adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at canyoucaseit.com.

Eva Bussom said...

Celeste, this is creepy cute! lol... loves it bad! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

Unknown said...

Celeste ~ Love the cards especially the nom nom nom! ~ Thanks for joining us at CYCI ~ Wynne

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this card so cute and creepy!! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It!!!