Saturday, October 17, 2015

Zombie Birthday

Today's card was created for the Time Out Challenge. I was inspired by the colors and the chevrons on the far left pumpkin. Chevrons are so on-trend right now and I love anything fall so these colors are right up my alley! I started with my Sweet Stamp Shop Zombie stamp set and stamped the zombies out onto some white 110 lb. cardstock using Memento tuxedo black ink and colored them in with Copic markers. I added a few "accessories" to them by stamping the tie and the bones and coloring those in too. I stamped out the speech bubble and the stamp set offers several smaller sentiments to added under the word "BLAH" so I chose happy birthday. I popped all of these images up using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and then layered them onto my card base which has some fun patterned papers from the American Crafts Halloween 6x6 paper pad. I stamped the blood splatters in black and this card was done! The inside sentiment is from the Sugar Pea stamp set Zombies and it reads "birthdays are like zombies. They just keep coming and coming until you're dead!" I have a lot of twisted friends and family who love this kind of humor. LOL. 

5 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

What a funny card! The chevrons looks absolutely gorgeous!

Deezy Art said...

Celeste I like your cards too. I love the stamps you have used, and I think we both love the fall colors!

sandie said...

I am so pleased our chard inspired you and the chevrons form the base of this fun and spooky card, so full of detail and such a fun card. Great to see you at To x

Lisa Elton said...

Eeeek, fun Halloween card Celeste!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh I love those zombies! This is such a cute card! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!