Saturday, October 3, 2015

I'm Nuts About You

Today's card was created for both The Card Concept challenge and in honor World Card Making Day. I started with a plain white card base and layered some Stampin' UP chocolate chip cardstock on top. I selected a few patterned papers from the American Crafts Autumn Crisp 6x6 paper pad (love this paper pack, by the way...gorgeous papers). I cut a fishtail banner out of one of the papers using a Jillian Vance die and then layered a Papertrey Ink die cut from the paper pack, framed out with some more chocolate chip cardstock on top of the banner. I added some dashed lines around the banner using a Memento dual tip marker in rich cocoa. I die cut a tree from a Paper Smooches die and layered it onto my frame die cut. I stamped the leaves from the MFT Harvest Mouse stamp set, the squirrel, acorns, and stump from the Darcie's Heart & Home Busy Beaver stamp set using Memento tuxedo black ink and colored them using Copic markers to match my papers. The sentiment comes from the Avocado Arts Nuts About You stamp set. I popped the squirrel, the stamp, the tree, and the leaves and acorns up using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I finished the card off by adding some dashed lines around the framed die in Memento rich cocoa, white dashed lines around the outer edge of the card, and a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. Love how adorably this turned out. I hope you like it too!


4 comments:

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

SOOOO adorable!!! Love all of the details! Thanks for joining us The Card Concept!

Debbie said...

Wow! Super coloring and lots of great layering details. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!!

Lisa Elton said...

Layers of autumn cuteness Celeste!! Love this little scene you created, such a sweet card!!

Marlena M. said...

Awww, such a cute fella! Love the layers and elements here~