Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Have A Super Day

My final card today was created for the Less Is More masculine card challenge. I tell you...I love making masculine cards. They are so much fun for me! I started with a plain white card base and layered on some old grey patterned paper I'd picked up at Hobby Lobby and layered on some red cardstock and then some white. I stamped the city skyscape from Close To My Heart's super powers stamp set using some Colorbox charcoal grey ink. I used a Stampin' UP borders dotted line stamp to create the top border and then used to speech bubble from the CTMH stamp to create the sentiment which I stamped using Paper Trey Ink's petite alpha in the same grey ink. I stamped the super hero image in Memento tuxedo black ink and colored him to look like Superman using my Copic markers. I popped him up on some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals to sort of look like he was hovering above the city. I love this adorable stamp set! So fun and so versatile!

13 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun!

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Leigh, this IS FUN!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply awesome! that's one fabulous backdrop and amazing stamping and colouring. thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Linby said...

Fantastic idea and brilliantly executed.

Chrissie said...

You've been really busy on this challenge!
Another awesome card!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Brilliant card... I love the sketchy comic book style :)

Twenty Five Smiles said...

This is so fun!

Les idées de Magouille said...

So fun, so cute!

maria f. said...

"Super" card! Love the newsprint look to your BG. Fabulous coloring on Mr. Superhero too.

Anne said...

And another super card! Love the bright colours against that grey background
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Wow, you're on a roll with these guy cards. Love the greyscale cityscape backdrop, perfect.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Peanut said...

Brilliant card... or should I say - super card! :)
hugs, Asha

Susanne Vargas said...

I also enjoy making guy cards! Have you checked out the Male Room Challenge? If not, you should, since you like to make masculine cards!
This one is fabulous! Great coloring on the hero!