Friday, March 11, 2016

Thank You

Today's card was created for The Challenge sketch #63. I started with a piece of Canson cold press watercolor paper that I die cut using a stitched edge rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. Using Altenew's Painted Poppy Stamp set I stamped the outline poppy image three times using Versafine onyx black ink and the leaf outline image on one of the poppies. I created a mask for each of the outlined images using Inkadinkado masking paper and adhered those onto each image. I created a simple mask for my panel using some typing paper and adhered that down to my panel using temporary adhesive. I inked up my Stampin' UP French Script background stamp using some Tim Holtz black soot distress ink and gave it a mist before stamping it onto my panel. I wanted a nice loose, watercolored look and I like the way it turned out. Once that dried I removed all of my masks and inked the inside of the poppies using Tim Holtz distress inks in spiced marmalade and fired brick and for the leaf I used brushed corduroy and picket fence, misting each color before stamping it onto the paper. I mounted the panel to a piece of black cardstock from Stampin' UP and adhered that to my card base. Using the thank you sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Handwritten Borders I and some Versamark ink I stamped the sentiment onto the same black cardstock and heat embossed it using some white detail powder from Recollections. I cut the fishtail banner by hand and adhered it onto my card. I could see making a whole collection of these and just changing the sentiment out. 


11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Beautiful Celeste!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is STUNNING!! Thank you for playing along with us at The Challenge!

Anita in France said...

Elegant and so stylish, Celeste ... those poppies are just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge! Anita :)

Laura Williams said...

Celeste, that's so pretty!!!!! The flowers turned out gorgeous! :)

Lesley said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love this!

Lisa Elton said...

Your flowers are awesome, what a beautiful card!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love the flowers. Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a beautiful card! I love poppies and adore the bold pops of black! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

Nancy Thomas said...

WOW Celeste - this is gorgeous and so creative. Beautiful!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

This is beautiful and such a different take on the sketch. I saw that sketch and wanted to do it since I love stars. I keep forgetting that we can use any shape (or flower) when interpreting a sketch. Love the watercolor look of the poppies. Thank you so much for always stopping by my blog and leaving comments. I really appreciate it.

Marlena M. said...

This is SO PRETTY! I love it~