Wednesday, January 9, 2019

A Little Birdie Told Me-January Words 2 Craft By

Hello and Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. Our quote for January's Words 2 Craft By is " Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul-and sings the tunes without words-and never stops at all. -Emily Dickenson." And January 5th is national bird day so I thought it would be appropriate to create a card with a bird on it. To create my card I started by stamping my leaves and bird from the Skipping Stone Design Heartsong II stamp set onto some patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket 2twnty-thr3e 6x6 paper pad using both Versafine onyx black ink and Tim Holtz distress oxide ink in mermaid lagoon. I die cut the paper to create a panel using a stitched rectangle die by Gina Marie Designs. I stamped the sentiment from the Skipping Stone Design Heartsong I stamp set onto the panel and layered it onto my white card base using more patterned papers from the same Cosmo Cricket paper pad. To finish my card off I added some black dashed lines around the outer edge of the card for some added contrast and a few turquoise 6mm sequins from The Ton. I can't wait to see how our quote inspires you! Thank you for stopping off at my blog today. 


5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is darling Celeste! I like the music on that pretty little bird!

Sybrina K said...

Well, Celeste, little birdie told me that this is one sweet card... with a great interpretation of this month's W2CB words. Thanks so much for all you bring to Words 2 Craft By. :)

Darnell said...

This is very original and I love the way you have used patterns in your design, Celeste! I love the musical noted bird and leaves, torn edge, and stitching. It all creates tons of interest!! Hugs, Darnell

Jennifer said...

Wonderful card, Celeste! I know this is not an original observation, but I too love the music notes on the birdie and the leaves.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

BobbisTreasure said...

Love how you combine the patterned papers - really great combo!