Sunday, May 19, 2019

Looking Sharp

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My second card today was created for the latest The Paper Players card challenge. To create my card I started by layering a piece of olive cardstock from Hobby Lobby onto my white A2 card base. I then stamped the cacti image from the Unity Stamp Company's June 2018 KOTM We Can Rise stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock. I colored the entire image using my alcohol markers and then cut it out using a Spellbinders oval die. I die cut a white panel using a textured embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts and adhered that down onto the olive cardstock. I added some black dashed lines around the outer edges of the oval panel and adhered it straight onto the card panel. To finish off my card I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto some olive cardstock using Versamark ink and some Recollections snow white embossing powder. I cut the sentiment down into a small strip and adhered it across the card. I love this fun, masculine card and hope you do too!


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully colored Celeste, this is fantastic!

Claire Broadwater said...

Your coloring is amazing! I am a huge fan of succulents and this is gorgeous! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love a punny sentiment Celeste and your prickly trio are looking fabulous! Beautifully coloured too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!