Saturday, March 12, 2022

Just Bee-cause

 


Hello and happy Saturday! We got a snow last night and it's around 21 degrees here today in Southeast Missouri. It's a bit cold to play outside, so I opted to do some light house cleaning and card making today. This card was created for the latest Freshly Made Sketches card challenge. I created my card by embossing black cardstock from Stampin' UP using a Momenta honeycomb embossing folder. I adhered the panel to my white A2 card base. I then added a strip of patterned paper from Pink & Main's Spring Color Pop's 6x6 paper pad to the botton. To help distinguish from the embossed panel and the patterned paper I punched an edge of bright yellow cardstock from Hobby Lobby using a EK Success decorative punch. I adhered that strip at the seam between both panels. I then stamped the bee, the sentiment, and the decorative leaves from the Hampton Art's Hello Honey stamp set using Memento tuxedo black ink. I added a bit of color to the bee and the sentiment using my alcohol markers. I then die cut the panel using a decorative die from Spellbinders. I popped the panel up off of the card using 3M foam tape and added a few black gems from Ki. Thank you for stopping by my blog today!



2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Super cute and uplifting for a snowy day! We have that snow and those 20 degree temps too :(

Amy O said...

I love this clean design with the bright, happy pop of yellow! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!