Saturday, May 6, 2023

Happiest Of Birthdays-Send A Smile 4 Kids

This month at Send A Smile 4 Kids were are celebrating dads/special guys. I was browsing through my local Tuesday Morning and stumbled upon some really amazing deals on Simple Stories 6x8 paper pads. One of the ones I picked up was the Vintage Seas paper pack. It's full of beautiful vintage nautical-themed papers. My father is a sailor and lives near the sea, so I thought this paper pack would be perfect to create cards with him in mind. The pack comes with several sheets of cut-aparts that create a beautiful scene. So, this card was created with that single paper pad with the exception of some Stampin' UP cherry cobbler cardstock and the sentiment, which is from Papertrey Inks Celebrations stamp set that I stamped in Gina K Designs navy ink and trimmed into a sentiment strip and adhered to the card. To finish the card off, I added some ephemera from the Nautical bits collection and added a few Harvest Festival gem stickers from Honey Bee. I love when I can put a card together with very few supplies and for next to nothing in the way of cost! Now, be sure to stop by the Send A Smile 4 Kids blog and see how the rest of the design team was inspired this month.  

 

5 comments:

Sybrina K said...

Hi Celeste! Your mention of Tuesday Morning reminded me how much I miss the one that used to be about 10 minutes from our house. I could always find the best, totally unexpected, things there. And, I had no idea your dad is a sailor. How cool is that! You definitely found the right supplies to make lots of great sailor guy cards. Take good care, my friend. Be well!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great lighthouse! I like all of your layers. This is wonderful, Celeste! I just saw that Tuesday Morning's is closing stores, ours happens to be one of them... boo!

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love the nautical theme of this card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this "seaworthy" card. A Great make.

Lisa said...

Love these papers, layers and layout. Your dad is going to love getting this for his birthday.