Saturday, August 5, 2023

Happy Birthday-Send A Smile 4 Kids

This month at Send A Smile 4 Kids we are celebrating birthdays! I had purchased the MFT Green Pastures and The Whole Herd stamp sets during the Memorial Day sales and had not had a chance to use them yet. I have a birthday party I'll be attending in two weeks for a little girl and thought this set would be perfect for her card. To create my card I started by layering some fun bandana patterned paper from the American Crafts Heartland Farm 6x6 paper pad onto my white A2 cardbase. Using real red cardstock from Stampin' UP, I cut down some small slivers and attached them to the top and bottom of the cardstock to break up the patterned paper from the white cardbase. I stamped the sentiment from the Whole Herd stamp set using Gina K Designs black ink. I then die cut a stitched circle using a Gina Marie Designs stitched circle nesting die, inked the background in bashful blue ink from Stampin' UP, splattered some water on the background and dried it for some visual interest. I diecut a piece of olive green cardstock from Stampin' UP using an MFT border grass die and cut it to fit the circle panel. I adhered the two pieces together and popped it up off of the card using 3M foam tape. I stamped the little girl from Green Pastures, and colored her using my Copic markers. I stamped her shirt in more patterned paper from the same American Crafts Heartland Farms paper pad and paper pieced that onto the little girl, and used the coordinating diecut to cut her out. I stamped the pig and chickens from the Whole Herd stamp set, colored them with my alcohol markers, and fussy cut them out since I don't have the coordinating dies. I adhered them to my focal panel. I popped the little girl up using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. To finish off my card I added some fun little clouds in the sky using a Fiskars mini cloud punch and added some white gel details to all of my critters. Thank you for stopping by my blog today, and if you left a comment I just want you to know how much I appreciate you! Be sure to stop off at the Send A Smile 4 Kids blog and see how everyone else was inspired by this month's theme. 

 

4 comments:

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is so sweet and that little birthday girl is going to love it. What a perfect marriage between stamp sets and patterned papers. Perfect! Thanks for all you do for SAS4Kids.

Lisa Elton said...

She's a cute little freckled faced farmer and I love the bandana paper in the background! Adorable Bday card, Celeste!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! How adorable, a beautiful card.
Faith x

Lisa said...

Great coloring of these adorable images.