Sunday, September 17, 2023

But First Coffee-Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb



Hello, and welcome to the September collaboration of Coffee and Cards with Celeste and Deb. We decided to use this fabulous fall photo as inspiration for our cards this month. After the blistering temperatures we had this summer, I know we are all anticipating cooler Autumn weather! To create my card, I started by layering some beautiful fall patterned paper by Design Group that I picked up in the dollar bin at Target last year. I added a small strip of espresso brown cardstock from Stampin' UP in between the patterned papers to add some interest and break up the busy patterns. I die cut a circle panel using kraft cardstock from Recollections and a circle nesting die from Gina Marie Designs. Using the coffee bean stamp from the Stampabilities Coffee mini stamp set and Versamark ink, I stamped the entire background for a nice tone on tone pattern. It's subtle, but it's there. I then stamped the large mug from Stamplorations Coffee Cup Large stamp set onto white cardstock and then paper pieced the rest of the cup using more patterned paper from the same Design Group paper pad and some simple kraft for the sleeve. I then stamped the sentiment from the Stampabilities Coffee stamp set directly onto the coffee cup's sleeve. I then popped the circle panel and the coffee cup up off the card using 3M foam tape. To finish off this beautiful fall-themed coffee card I added some espresso sequins from the Ton around the focal panel. 
My lovely boyfriend Nathan just flew back from Great Dunmow, England and brought me back this gorgeous mug and some lovely Twinings tea. I had to feature that as my beverage this month, despite this being a coffee card.  I love a nice cup of hot tea in the afternoon. Now, be sure to head over the Deb's bog to see what fun she created this month!





3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your colourful autumnal card, it's so beautiful. As for your teacup, it's very beautiful with a gorgeous shape and pattern. I'm probably wrong, but it looks like it could be Georgian? We love Twinings Tea too. I only have coffee morning and afternoon!
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

What a wonderful autumn card! I like the fall leaves on the cup and the coffee bean panel. The cup Nathan brought you is so pretty. I like the little feet it has!

Chris said...

Love how you used the patterned paper in two places. Love it a-latte! 😜