Friday, September 29, 2023

Nutty For You

 

 
Hello, and happy end of September! Today's card was created for the latest Color Throwdown card challenge. I thought the inspiration photo was so perfect being that we are on the cusp of Autumn and all things fall! I started by stamping the acorns from Paper Smooches Falling For You stamp set onto plain kraft cardstock and inking them up with Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink. I stamped the leaves separately onto white cardstock and inked them with Tim Holtz mowed lawn distress ink. I fussy cut the images out and adhered the leaves with both liquid glue and foam dimensionals to give them a bit of interest. I created a card base out of linen textured kraft creamy brown cardstock and adhered a panel of gorgeous fall plaid patterned paper from Design Group that I picked up last year at Target in the dollar bin and mounted that onto some early espresso cardstock that I had border cut using a pretty border die from My Favorite Things. I adhered my focal panel onto my card base, attached the acorns using foam dimensionals, added some cream colored twine to the tops of them, and finished the card off with some white gel pen highlights and gorgeous coppery sequins from The Ton. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  


4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Adorable punny fall card and such a great way to highlight the throwdown colors! So glad you joined us in the challenge this week!

Maria Batan said...

Love your card, Celeste!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What an endearing card, love it.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

How cute is this! Love the plaid tops on the acorns. Such a sweet autumn card, Celeste!