Sunday, July 21, 2024

Hello Sweet Friend-Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb


Hello, happy July! We are full swing into summer here in Southeast Missouri, so Deb and I thought it would be fun to do a watermelon summer themed card this month for our Coffee and Cards collaboration. My card was pretty simple to create. I used large circle dies from Little B and some colored cardstock to create the elements that made up my watermelon. I ran my pink cardstock through a Swiss dot embossing folder before attaching it to the rest of the circle elements. I cut it in half to create two watermelon slices. Using a small heart die, I created the little watermelon seeds but cutting the hearts in half and adhering them onto my watermelon slices. I adhered some pretty pink gingham patterned paper from the Simple Stories Summer Lovin' 6x8 paper pad to the bottom of my A2 card panel. I die cut a white cardstock panel using a Whimsy Stamps Wavy Edger Die. I stamped the sentiment from Technique Tuesday's Hello Chickadee stamp set using Gina K black ink. I popped the panel up off of the card using foam tape. I adhered one of the watermelon slices directly to the card panel and popped the other one up using foam squares. I finished this cute summery card off by adding some pretty pink sequins from Pawsome Stamps. 
My coffee this month is a wonderful and tasty iced crème brûlée boba coffee that I picked up at a lovely coffee shop in my neighborhood. It was a nice treat on a really hot day! Now, be sure to stop by Debra's blog and see what fun she created this month for our summery theme!




 

3 comments:

Debra Davison said...

That coffee looks delicious !! And I love your card •• those watermelon slices are just the cutest 🍉

Lisa Elton said...

Those watermelon slices are adorable! The pair well with the gingham too. Sweet card, Celeste!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful and creative card, love reading the process of making it, especially the hearts cut in half, cleverrrr. x