Saturday, August 3, 2024

Wishing You A Happy Birthday-Send A Smile 4 Kids

 

This month at Send A Smile 4 Kids, we are celebrating birthdays for kids! It just so happens that I am attending a birthday party next weekend for a special little girl and felt like this card would be perfect for her. I started by layering some pink cardstock onto my white A2 cardbase leaving a quarter inch border around the sides. I die cut a panel of plaid patterned paper from the Echo Park Spring Fling 6x6 paper pad using a Wavy Edger Die from Whimsy Stamps, and adhered it to the card base at the top of the card. I stamped the little girl from My Favorite Things Unicorns and Glitter stamp set onto white Copic-friendly cardstock, colored her, and cut her out with the matching die. I stamped the balloon, cake, and gift from Spellbinders Gnomie Birthday stamp set, colored the images, and fussy cut them. I adhered all of the images to the card base using low profile foam tape. I then die cut the sentiment from a stand-alone Heffy Doodle die using dark grey cardstock from my stash. I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock using Versafine smokey grey ink and The Greetery's PreText Sentiment stamp set. I cut the panel down to the think sliver, popped it up on foam strips from Stampin' UP, and adhered it above the birthday sentiment die. To finish off my card, I added some sparkly clear rhinestone gems around the card. Now, be sure to stop off at the Send A Smile 4 Kids blog and see how everyone else was inspired this month. 

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Any little girl would love this card, it's so very pretty and girly. x

Lisa Elton said...

Aww, what a cute she is! Sweet card, Celeste!

Sybrina K said...

Hi Celeste! This is one special card for that special little girl! She is going to LOVE it! And I especially appreciate the way you seamlessly incorporate materials from different companies to create such wonderfully cohesive cards.

Maria Batan said...

Love your coloring!

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a truly adorable card! I love the way you colored her, especially the dress, so cute!