Sunday, May 8, 2016

Daughter

Hello and Happy Mother's Day! Today's card was created for my daughter for Mother's Day and I thought I would enter it into the latest Just Us Girls challenge. I kept this one pretty simple because I wanted the butterfly to take center stage. I stamped the smallest butterfly from a Hero Arts stamp set and colored it using various shades of purple Copic markers. I fussy cut the image out and inked around the edges with a Memento tuxedo black marker to give it a nice, clean look. I die cut a small piece of text paper from the Simple Stories Urban Traveler 6x6 paper pad using a stitched die from Gina Marie Designs. I mounted the die cut image straight onto my card panel and stamped the butterfly again so I could get the antennae. I put a mini glue dot in the center of the butterfly and some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals on the wings and mounted the butterfly onto the die cut panel. I added some clear Wink of Stella for some pretty shimmer and then colored a few rhinestones from Recollections purple using my Copics and added them to the body of the butterfly. I stamped Daughter from the MFT Girly Graphic T stamp set and then You're So Beautiful from the MFT Mother's stamp set. I mounted the whole panel onto so pretty purple cardstock from Hobby Lobby and added some faux black stitched lines around the outside edge and called this card done. I hope you like it!


6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super pretty Celeste! Love that butterfly!
Happy Mother's Day!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous colored bfly -- I love it on that page! Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

Sharyn Polesel said...

Lovely card! The color is so pretty as is that gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste,

First of all, this is gorgeous! You chose the perfect design to make sure this butterfly was the star of the show. I'm sure your daughter loved the card.

Secondly, it was my pleasure to showcase your and Becky's SAS4Kids cards. They were so beautifully constructed and will bring such joy to their little recipients. Thanks so much for your support of SAS4Kids. :)

Becca Cruger said...

Awww - this is SO beyond sweet! Love the newsprint focal panel!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Oh wow, love the CAS simplicity of this beauty, especially with the butterfly on top of the news print in the background. Your daughter will love treasure this. Congrats on being featured on SAS4Kids.
Have a fab weekend.
Hugs
Berni