Saturday, January 2, 2021

I Think You're Pretty Grate-Send A Smile 4 Kids

 

Hello and happy new year! I'm sure I'm not alone in breathing a sigh of relief that 2020 is past us. I'm very excited about what the new year will bring for us all. I am especially excited about being asked to join the very talented design team at Send A Smile 4 Kids! Our theme this month is Love/Valentine cards. To create my card I started by printing the digital stamp You're Pretty Grate by Power Poppy onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock. I colored the image using my alcohol markers and did some highlights on the image using my white jelly roll pen. I then die cut the image using a pierced edge tag die from My Favorite Things. I added to the bottom of the tag some pretty patterned paper from the Crate Paper Main Squeeze 6x6 paper pad and a strip of Real Red cardstock from Stampin' UP to break up the papers. I added some inexpensive red and white ribbon I picked up at the dollar spot last year at Target to the top of the tag and tied it off with some pink and white baker's twine from American Crafts. I layered some more of the Crate Paper patterned paper onto some red cardstock and adhered them to my white A2 card base. I popped the tag up off of the card using some 3M foam tape and finished the card off with some cute little die cut hearts using more of the Real Red cardstock. Love how adorably cute this turned out! I can't wait to see what fun and creative creations everyone is going to post!


3 comments:

Maria Giselle B. said...

Congratulations on your new DT! Happy New Year!

Lisa Elton said...

YAY, congratulations!! Your debut card is adorable, love the little hearts on the grater!

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Celeste! Just popping in to welcome you again to the DT... and to tell you how much I love this card! It's so sweet, and that digital image is perfect for a Valentine.