Saturday, March 4, 2023

You're Special-Send A Smile 4 Kids March 2023

This month a Send A Smile 4 Kids our theme is cards for boys. What could be more perfect for a special little boy than a cute little green monster, right? I found the inspiration for this adorable card on Pinterest, and it was so easy to create. I started by layering some basic black cardstock onto my A2 card base. I cut down a piece of patterned paper from the Little Yellow Bicycle Fern & Forest 6x6 paper pack using a Lawn Fawn stitched hill border die and attached the bottom piece directly to my cardstock. I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler stamp set onto the card using Gina K Designs black ink. Using My Favorite Things pierced edge nesting circle dies and Spellbinders pennant dies I created the eyes and teeth for my little monster. I glued the eyes together in a wonky pattern and attached them to the top panel and then attached the teeth using to the underside of the panel. Once everything was adhered to the panel, I attached it to the card using 3M foam tape and added some white gel pen detail to the eyes for a little extra interest. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Be sure to head over to Send a Smile 4 Kids to check out what the rest of the design team created this month!

 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Fabulous fun monster card! Any little one would love this fun card.

Sybrina K said...

Celeste! I couldn't love this little monster more. The different-sized eyes and that curved mouth are just such adorable elements, and how creative to use pennant dies for teeth. What an absolutely delightful boy card! Definitely a card I will be CASEing.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, this is so stinkin' cute!

Kim S said...

Fun!! I wish my boys were still young - they would have LOVED this!!