Sunday, March 26, 2023

Happy Easter-Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb


Hello, and thank you for visiting my blog today! Deb and I are celebrating Spring in our coffee and cards collaboration. I recently picked up a few new stamp sets on clearance from Whimsy Stamps, and thought it would be fun to use one of my new sets for this card. I started by die cutting a panel of pretty green gingham patterned paper from Simple Stories  Summer Lovin' 6x8 paper pad using a stitched rectangle die from Paper Rose, and matted it with some olive green cardstock that I had in my stash. I adhered that panel directly onto my white A2 card base. Using a lacy border metal die I cut down more of the olive green cardstock and adhered that onto the card slightly lower than halfway. I stamped out my images from Whimsy Stamps Easter Memories stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored the images using my alcohol markers. Using a scalloped and pierced edge rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs I created a focal panel. I matted that panel onto another piece of olive cardstock and popped the panel up using 3M foam tape. I stamped Happy directly onto the focal panel using Memento tuxedo black ink. I then stamped the Easter sentiment onto a seperate piece of paper using Gina K Designs ink in Avocado and fussy cut the sentiment out. I adhered it to the card using liquid glue and finished my card off my added some white gel pen detail to all of the images. 
For my beverage this month, I opted to create a nice "adult" hot chocolate by using a chocolate bomb with a huge dollop of Whip Shots vodka infused whipped cream in Mocha! Now, be sure to stop by Debra's blog and see how she was inspired by this month's theme!



 

3 comments:

Chris F said...

Love your card and that adult cocoa sounds delish!! Happy Spring!

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love the rustic feel of your card. Love the dot details. And that scalloped die, it came with that inner stitching detail? Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the gingham, love the image, love the sentiment font... love this card!