Sunday, August 13, 2017

Coffee And Friends-Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb



Hello and welcome to another Coffee and Cards with Celeste and Deb collaboration. We have another guest designer with us this month, the wonderful Hetty Sanders. Hetty is a fabulous crafter from the Netherlands and is responsible for the Coffee Lovers card swap and we can't thank her enough for all of the tireless work she puts into making that happen each month!
  
This month we opted for a mood board and, I chose this pretty pastel palette for our starting point. Love the beautiful colors!  I wanted to create a fun and sweet card representing my friendship with my dear friend Deb. She and I met on the Coffee Lovers Facebook group years ago and have been close crafty friends ever since.  I created this card to represent Deb and I. She's blonde and I'm brunette and I think it's clear we both love our coffee! I started by cutting down some pretty ombre patterned paper in pink from the We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard 6x6 paper pad and mounted it directly onto my white card base. I then die cut a stitched line rectangle panel using some Canson cold press watercolor paper. I stamped the table from the Sugar Pea Designs Read Between The Lines stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink. The coffee cups are from the Your Next Stamp's Perk Up stamp set. The friends are the new Unity Stamp Company's Planner Gals, Don't Be Perfect and Be A Beauty. And the sentiment is from Reverse Confetti's Be A Barista stamp set. Once all of the images were dry I watercolored them using my Tim Holtz distress inks. To finish off the card I popped the panel up using some 3M foam tape, added some clear Wink of Stella to the flowers in their hair, the coffee mugs, and their shirts, and added a few clear rhinestones from Recollections as a finishing touch. 


As for my coffee choice this month, I opted for a small Starbucks Iced Cascara Coconut Milk Latte. It was good but not my favorite latte they offer. Anyway, be sure to pop on over to Hetty and Deb's site, and be sure and wish her a happy birthday too! 

6 comments:

Debra Davison said...

Of course, I love your card !! I feel blessed to have you in my life and sharing this blog collaboration with you has been SO much fun !!!

~amy~ said...

celeste! This is perfect!

Rosie Guiher said...

Very pretty card! Nice coloring. Love the stamp.Thanks for sharing.

Maria Giselle said...

I like how you combined stamps from different companies. It really stretches one supply. If you didn't mention it, I would have thought that the images came from one stamp set.-Maria Giselle

Hetty said...

What a beautiful card, Celeste! Love the image of the girlfriends.
Thanks so much for having coffee with you and Deb, such an honor and fun happening.
Your coffee sounds delicious!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty pair they are, this is fabulous!