Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Sending Christmas Cheer






Today's card was created for both the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and The Paper Players challenges. To create my card I started by embossing a piece of white cardstock using a random dot Stampin' UP embossing folder. I adhered that panel directly onto my white card base. I then stamped the adorable little snowman from the My Favorite Things Happy Heart Snowman stamp set onto some Copic-friendly cardstock, colored him using my alcohol markers, and then fussy cut him out. I die cut a snow bank using some more white cardstock and the stitched edge die from the Simon Says Stamp Drifting Stitches Border die set. I stamped the sentiment from the My Favorite Things Cheerful Christmas Greetings stamp set directly onto the snow bank using some Versafine onyx black ink for a nice crisp look. I went all around the edges of my snowman image with my dual edge Memento tuxedo black marker and adhered him to the snow drift using some snail adhesive. Once attached I popped the entire panel up off of the card using some 3M foam tape for some nice dimension. Some clear Wink of Stella on the heart, hat, and scarf finished this card off nicely. I hope you like it and thank you for visiting my blog today!

11 comments:

KathyA. said...

Saw your card on the Christmas Card Throwdown and it is adorable. Plus your coloring is exquisite!

AlisonC said...

I do like it. It's beautifully CAS with just the right amount of color. The embossing folder is very pretty.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas card Throwdown

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love the embossed snow background and your choice of colors for the snowman.

laurie said...

Such a cute snowman...love the embossed snow background,too! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Celeste, this is adorable! I love that precious snowman and the embossed background! Your card makes me smile! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, Absolutely adorable!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, what a sweet little snowman! This is and adorable card Celeste!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Celeste that sweet snowman is adorable and I love the textured snow background and subtle stitched edging on the ground snow. What a perfect take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us over at the Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Adorable card, Celeste! Love how you tucked the snowman behind the snowbank--clever use of the sketch! thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Maria Giselle said...

Hi Celeste! Congratulations to both of us for being in the honourable mention!-Maria Giselle

Celeste Goff said...

Thanks...you too!