Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Thank You

 


This card was created for the latest The Color Hues Challenge. I stamped the poppy from Altenew's Painted Poppy three times and one of the leaves onto Strathmore watercolor paper using Versafine onyx black ink. I stamped the interior parts using Tim Holtz distress inks. I masked off the flowers and leaf and then stamped a French script block stamp I have that is so old I'm not even sure who makes it. I stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle's Oh Happy Day stamp set using Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. I cut the sentiment strip down using a Unity Stamp Company's Scallops & Banners nesting fishtail die. I cut the focal panel down using a stitched rectangle nesting die from Paper Rose and mounted it onto black cardstock. Everything was adhered to my white A2 card base. I finished this card off by adding some Nuvo glitter drops to the centers of the poppies for a little sparkle and shine. Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Hope you're staying cool this summer. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

The whimsical nature of your poppies makes for an "artsy" (and very lovely) card! Your background text just adds to that vibe. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your pretty poppies, Celeste! This is a delightful card!