Saturday, October 3, 2026

Golden Days And Grateful Hearts

 


Today's card was created for the latest The Color Hues Challenge. I just won a huge haul of Unity Stamp Company products and could not resist using this beauty for this challenge. I can't be alone in my relief that Autumn is finally upon us. I live in the Midwest, and it's been brutally hot and dry this summer. So, fall is quite the blessing for many of us. As for the card, I stamped Unity Stamp Company's Acorn Almanac onto some Canson watercolor paper with Versafine onyx black ink and heat embossed it using Zing clear embossing powder. Using various inks from Gina K Designs and Stampin' UP, I loosely watercolored the image. I die the image down using Unity Stamp Company's postage edge nesting dies and wrapped some American Crafts hemp twine in a deep red around the panel and tied a bow. I added a brown button from my stash on top using a glue dot. I stamped the sentiment from the same Unity Stamp set onto more watercolor paper, heat embossed it, and fussy cut it out. I stamped Unity Stamp Company's Small Details background stamp onto an A2 kraft card base and popped the focal panel up onto the card using thin foam tape. Thank you for checking out my blog today!


1 comment:

Stef Perry said...

Lucky you to win a haul of Unity products! I love this image and your loose watercoloring looks fabulous, Celeste. The text background on kraft looks great without taking away from the main image. Really a super beautiful fall card. Thank you so much for playing along with my color pairing at Color Hues!