Saturday, June 11, 2016

Happy Birthday

Today's card was created for a card order for a friend. I recently picked this pretty stamp set up during a recent sale at Unity Stamp Company but hadn't had a chance to ink it up until last night. Glad I did because it's a beauty! I started with some woodgrain paper from the Glitz Sunshine In My Soul 6x6 paper pad and layered that onto my card base. Then I cut down a panel of Canson coldpress watercolor paper and tore the edges. I stamped the floral image onto the paper using Versafine onyx black ink and then quickly covered it with Recollections clear sparkle embossing powder and heat set it. I tried to pick up the sparkle in the photo but couldn't really capture it...it's too subtle. Using Tim Holtz distress inks in squeezed lemonade, wild honey, and brushed sage I watercolored the image. I heat set it and mounted the entire panel up off of the card using some 3M foam tape. I stamped the sentiment from the Skipping Stones Heartsong I stamp set and cut it down into a small rectangle banner and mounted it directly onto the focal panel. I love how pretty this turned out!

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the look of texture your tattered edges and woodgrain give this. Pretty card Celeste!