Friday, June 10, 2016

Happy Birthday

Today's card was created for the latest Retro Sketches challenge. I love this layout and knew I had to create something using it. I started with a white card base and layered on a piece of apricot cardstock from Hobby Lobby and some white cardstock from Staples. I layered a pretty piece of patterned paper from the Crate Paper Notes & Things 6x6 paper pad. I took another piece of the apricot cardstock and cut it down into a narrow panel and punched the scalloped edge using a Fiskars punch. I adhered that down to the card panel and then layered on another piece of patterned paper from the same Crate Paper pack and edged it with more apricot paper. I cut that piece at an angle to mimic the sketch. I then stamped the birthday sentiment from the Skipping Stones Design Heartsong I stamp set using Gina K ink. I die cut the sentiment using a pretty stitched banner die from Lil' Inker designs and edged it using some more of the apricot cardstock. For my focal panel I stamped the beautiful rose trio from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Old Country Roses stamp set using Gina K inks. I die cut the roses using a pierced edge circle die from My Favorite Things and mounted it and the banner sentiment up off of the card using 3M foam tape for added dimension. I love how pretty and feminine this stamp set is and am pleased with how the card turned out using this great sketch. I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done, this is charming!!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!