Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Dad

My second card today was created for The Paper Players theme challenge. My dad's favorite past-time and recreational hobby is sailing. We grew up around the water and he's always loved it and had an affinity for it. So, I thought I would make him a nautical themed card for Father's Day this year. I started with some navy cardstock from Hobby Lobby and then layered some Stampin' UP crumb cake cardstock over it that I had stamped with a woodgrain background stamp from Heidi Swapp using the same color ink from Stampin' UP. I then die cut two decorative panels using Spellbinders dies and some red and navy cardstock from Hobby Lobby. I stamped the word Dad onto the top panel using Versamark ink and the TPC Studio Classic Alphabet stamp set and heat embossed it using some Recollections Detail white embossing powder and my heat tool. I then stamped the boat from the Tim Holtz Here & There stamp set and colored the water in using my Copic markers. I die cut the stamped image using more Spellbinders circle dies and then created a frame using the same size and one size larger die. I pierced the paper in intervals and inserted white brads from a nice finishing touch and mounted the panel up using foam tape for some added dimension. Love how this turned out and am hoping my dad will too! 


5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Celeste! You should link it up to the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Sail On.

Lisa Elton said...

Grrrreat dad card Celeste!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Celeste, this is perfect for your Dad! He will love it! Love the woodgrain background and the brads! SO happy you joined my theme challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great card Celeste - I love the way you look through the porthole to see this fabulous cruise ship! Thanks for sharing it with us over at The Paper Players!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this card to bits, absolutely perfect!!!