Sunday, June 12, 2016

Send A Smile 4 Kids

I have another shipment of cards for Send A Smile 4 Kids going out this week. In case you're not familiar with this charitable organization they collect handmade cards from cardmakers all over the world and deliver and donate them to children hospitalized in children's hospitals. This cause is near and dear to me because of my granddaughter Journey. She was born with cCMV and spent her first two and a half weeks in the NICU at Cardinal Glennon in St. Louis. I stayed with my daughter and my granddaughter during the entire hospitalization and I cannot recall a more frightening and uncertain time in my life. I can recall many charitable organizations who were very present during our stay in the hospital who offered things like handcrocheted blankets or little personalized name plates to hang on a child's door. Their support and personal touches certainly helped alleviate some of that fear and I greatly appreciated all that they did to help us through a very frightening time. This will be my second donation to this organization and I wish I could be sending more but I will have to do another shipment later. I tried to keep my card selections generic so they could be used year round for nurses or family members to hand out and I try to make a selection of cards both male and female ranging in age. Anyway, if you are reading this and you are a cardmaker I implore you to check out their website here and consider a donation of some wonderful hand-crafted cards that could brighten a child's day!
Enjoy!









3 comments:

This Chick’s Challenge said...

Wow, you have been very busy making some really cute cards. What a great cause!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all so sweet and fun, Celeste!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute cards for a worthy cause Celeste! Thanks for sharing with us!