Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Relax And Enjoy

I have had a lot going on personally lately and was planning on bowing out of the Summer Coffee Lovers Bloghop but after seeing Julee's digital freebie on the Verve web site I really couldn't pass up the chance to play with it and create something fun. I will plan on giving this card to my swap buddy on this month's Coffee Lover's card swap. I started by printing the digi page out onto some Copic friendly white cardstock and die cut one of the sentiments out using an MFT pierced circle die. I added some black dashed lines around the outer edge of the circle for some additional impact and interest. I colored one of the cups using Copic markers, fussy cut it out, and edged the outer edges with a dual tip Memento marker. I adhered a panel of cherry cobbler cardstock by Stampin' UP to my white card base and then layered on some patterned paper from Authentique's Pride 6x6 paper pad for a nice patriotic color scheme. I added some more dashed lines around the edge of the patterned paper to match the die cut piece and adhered my die cut piece directly onto the card base. I popped the cup up off of the card using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and added a tiny clear rhinestone in the center of the star on the cup as a finishing touch. I hope you like it!


29 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

Such fun papers you paired - beautiful card!

Lisa said...

Such pretty paper! Love this!

New Creations said...

Love your pretty papers and cute image!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card...love those amazing papers!

Ceal said...

Fabulous card, thanks for sharing

Sylvia said...

Miss your bright face around, Celeste! This is a great card, hope things settle down and you have a nice and relaxing summer! Hugs!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Very nice selection of design papers, and love the Verve stamps...awesome card.

DIANA L. said...

Super fun card I love color and design
Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Gail said...

Coffee - it is a time to relax and enjoy each sip - tfs

Ann said...

Love!

Beverley said...

So glad you found the inspiration to join in, sending hugs your way too. LOVE your card, beautiful papers and lovely faux stitching. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Hetty said...

Oh my, Celeste, that is a beautiful card.
Have a ltte day!

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Celeste!

This is absolutely adorable! Love what you did with Julee's digitals. And the way you used those patriotic papers is fabulous. :)

I have virtually nothing coffee-related in my stash. So, I was so excited to see Julee's gift.

Sybrina K said...

Oh, and wanted to mention I was very excited to see you are working on a box of cards! Can't wait to see what you send. :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous design, love it

Migdalia said...

A lovely card! Wonderful job!

Lisa Elton said...

Great mix of paper and patterns, this is delightful Celeste!!

~amy~ said...

Celeste, this is PERFECT.

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Beautiful card!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love your card, Celeste! You've got great attention to details! Love the color too!

Karen B. said...

Fantastic layout!

StampingbugKerry said...

OK...SO I LOVE the printed paper you used. LOVE those images, love love love! :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design and cool images.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty! I can see I need to go hunting for this paper pad now. :)

Helen F. said...

Love the layout and colors!

Waving My Wand said...

I couldn't pass up that digi either! Love it and love your card!

Suchi said...

This is very gorgeous! !

Tonya said...

Great card! It's stunning.

Atchaya(Akshma) said...

fun card.