Thursday, June 16, 2016

Father

A friend of mine asked me to make her a card for her father who she recently reconnected with after many years of separation. I felt honored to make such a special card for her. I decided to keep it simple and let the inside sentiment stand out. I stamped the beautiful pocket watch from Forever In Time's Timepieces stamp set using Memento rich cocoa ink. I stamped the front panel sentiment using Verve Stamps World's Best stamp set. I matted the sentiment strip onto some rich cocoa cardstock from Hobby Lobby and then adhered it onto the main panel. Using a stitched rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs I die cut the panel out and then mounted it onto some more of the dark brown cardstock. I popped the center panel up using 3M foam tape for some added dimension. For the inside I formatted a personal message using a word document and printed it out onto some coordinating cardstock. I love how clean and simple this turned! I hope you like it too!

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific Father's Day card, I like the oversized pocket watch!!