Saturday, June 18, 2016

You're Frytastic

I sat down this afternoon with the intention of creating a coffee themed card for the Summer Coffee Lover's Bloghop but I just wasn't feeling it. I've had a lot on my mind lately and needed to make something light-hearted and fun. What's more fun than a kid's card, right? So, I decided to create another card for the Send A Smile 4 Kids card drive. I started with the adorable french fry character from Your Next Stamp's Happy Meal stamp set and added on the smiley face from the same set. I created a mask by stamping the same image onto a post-it note and fussy cut it out and adhered it to the body of the image. I then stamped the arms and legs from the Your Next Stamp's Create A Character mini stamp set. I then Copic colored the image, fussy cut it out, and edged it with a black Memento marker to give it a nice die cut look. For my card I layered on some pretty turquoise paper from Hobby Lobby onto my white card base. I then layered on the polka dot patterned paper from Ki's Color Crush 6x6 paper pad. I cut a smaller panel and edged it with the same turquoise paper and adhered it to the panel. I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink for a nice crisp look and then stamped the hearts from the stamp set using Gina K's red hot ink. I popped the french fry character up off of the card using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals, added some Glossy Accents to the eyes and hearts and some black faux stitching along the smaller panel edges and all around the polka dots on the card panel. I think this card is just too stinking cute and I hope it will bring a smile to some child's face when they receive it in the hospital! Thanks for stopping by and looking at my creation!


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

This is super cute and so much fun!!