Sunday, June 5, 2016

Need Caffeine

I have to admit that my mojo has escaped me here as of late and it's left me feeling a bit down. I got my list for June participants in the latest Coffee Lover's card exchange this weekend and it prompted me to crack out some stamps and get remedy that situation. I started with the mug from a set I recently picked up called Funny Coffee Volume #1 from Skipping Stones Design. I love this fun stamp set because the stamps are large enough to take center stage on any A2 card. I stamped the mug onto some cardstock by Stampin' UP and then created a mask using a post-it note. I cut the sleeve portion of the cup out using my X-acto knife and then stamped the pattern using the Floral & Script Background stamp by Julie Nutting and removed the mask. I then stamped the sentiment from the Latina Crafter's Need Caffeine mini stamp set and die cut the whole thing using a pierced circle die from MFT. I popped the circle panel up off of the card using some foam dimensionals from Stampin' UP.  I stamped the same floral background again onto some crumbcake cardstock and then cut it down into a panel and mounted it onto some early espresso cardstock, both from Stampin' UP. It's not one of my favorite cards I've ever created but at least it got me out of my creative funk!  



4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I see no lack of mojo here, this is fantastic!!

~amy~ said...

I agree with Lisa...I see no lack of mojo Celeste...this is beautiful!

Leigh Penner said...

Glad you were able to find your mojo, Celeste! This card is so fun and cool!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, What a great monochromatic card! Love how you used that floral background. :)