Monday, June 20, 2016

Sup?


Today's card was created for both the AAA Card and the Send A Smile 4 Kids challenges. I wanted to keep this card kind of simple since it would be donated to the Send A Smile 4 Kids card drive and I like doing general sentiments so that the organizers of the drive don't have to worry about saving it for a particular time of the year. I started with a white card base and layered on some early espresso cardstock from Stampin' UP and cut a smaller panel of patterned paper from the American Crafts Welcome Spring 6x6 paper pad and layered it on top. Using my Stampin' UP Build An Owl punch I punched the base for the owl using the early espresso cardstock and the same paper pad for the stomach. I punched the base for the eyes using crumb cake cardstock from Stampin' UP and then mounted googly eyes on top. I then die cut a stitched rectangle from plain white cardstock from Staples using a Gina Marie Designs die. I wanted to create a clothes line effect so I used the string stamp from the Lawn Fawn Lunar Lights stamp set and the tiny heart from Lawn Fawn's Bee Mine mini stamp set to create  that effect. I stamped the sentiment at the top left using Gina K's charcoal brown ink and a sentiment from the Paper Smooches Slang Gang stamp set. I popped the stitched rectangle panel up off of the card using 3M foam tape and then popped the owl up using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. Love how simple and adorable this card is. I hope you like it too!


7 comments:

sandie said...

such a fun card, love the little heart branches-this sure will bring some smiles. Thanks for joining TO x

Peg said...

HI Celeste, I love your cards! They are so stylish and cute. Thanks heaps for coming by my blog too, and leaving some love :-)

Macimbalo said...

Such a cute owl card! Love those eyes!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, this is just as cute as can be!!

Jane said...

Love those heart branches and such a cute little owl with those googley eyes. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Sybrina K said...

Adorable use of that SU punch! So cute!

Lillian A said...

This is a really cute card and sure to bring a smile on the recipient's face. Glad to hear you're going to be sending your creation to this fabulous organization!