Thursday, June 23, 2016

I'd Like To Espresso My Thanks

My card today was created for the Summer Coffee Lovers Bloghop using a digital freebie from Verve Stamps. I started with a panel of cherry cobbler cardstock from Stampin' UP and cut some strips of patterned paper from the Authentique Pride 6x6 paper pad. I cut the strips into a starburst pattern and layered them onto my cardstock starting from a center point. I adhered the panel down to my white card base and added some faux stitched lines all around. I die cut the sentiment from the digital freebie out using a pierced oval die from My Favorite Things and added some faux lines around the edge for a cohesive look. I colored the coffee cups using Copic markers in colors to match the papers, fussy cut them out, and edged them with a Memento dual tip marker for a nice, clean die cut look and popped them and the sentiment panel up using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I plan on giving this card to a good friend of mine who always buys her cards from me. This will be my little "thank you" to her. I hope you like it!


30 comments:

New Creations said...

Love this starburst creation with a Patriotic color theme! Beautiful paper and image!

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous red white and blue coffee card, Celeste...love all your scraps! Happy Thursday, glad you made another card!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is fantastic! I love all this color!

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh wow! Your card is simply adorable!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful, Celeste! Love the stitching accents on your sunburst!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous quilt coffee card.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the sunburst of great design papers and colors...and the Verve cups are perfect with it...fun and very pretty patriotic card.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

Ceal said...

Beautiful card I love the patriotic colors and your starburst background

Migdalia said...

Very festive & fun!

Becca Yahrling said...

Love this gorgeous sunburst of beautiful patriotic papers. Just lovely!

kReN said...

This starburst pattern is the perfect way to create the focal point for the coffee images. TFS!

~amy~ said...

Celeste! This is so much fun! Love the starburst!

Ann said...

Love this, reminds me of a lovely quilt. Cute card.

Lisa said...

So pretty! Love it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous! I love it!!!

Waving My Wand said...

CELESTE!!!! This is awesome!! Totally love that quilted pattern feel too.

Karen B. said...

LOVE the patriotic design!

Hetty said...

Great design on your festive card, Celeste.

Beverley said...

Awesome design and fabulous sunburst. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Maria Giselle said...

Hello, Celeste! I think I saw you at Children's this morning, in the elevator. I was trying to remember your first name and what came out of my mouth is 'Cecille." What's so funny is I can remember your last name. Then I remembered your name as soon as you stepped out of the elevater (if that was you.)...

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is nothing short of FANTASTIC!!! Love everything about your wonderful card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your beautiful background. Wonderful card.

Leigh Penner said...

Very fun!

Celeste Goff said...

Yes Maria, that was me. My granddaughter wears cochlear implants and sees audiologists and speech pathologists there.

Celeste Goff said...

Yes Maria, that was me. My granddaughter wears cochlear implants and sees audiologists and speech pathologists there.

Helen F. said...

Great sun burst!

Helen Gullett said...

Fantastic design card! Love it!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is another fab card using that Verve digital set! Love how you created that starburst pattern, layering your dp on the cardstock base. :)

SewPaperPaint said...

This is absolutely amazing! Gorgeous paper piecing and design!