Saturday, April 1, 2023

For A Special Day-Send A Smile 4 Kids April 2023

Happy April! This month at Send A Smile 4 Kids we are celebrating moms/special ladies. My card could work for Mother's Day, birthday, or simply any special occasion. To create my card, I started by stamping the blooms from Simon Says Stamp's Like Your Style stamp set onto some crumbcake cardstock from Stampin' UP using Colorbox frost white pigment ink. I then stamped the black lines, the hanger, and the sentiment from the same stamp set using Gina K Designs black pigment ink. On a separate piece of white cardstock I stamped the dress and more of the florals onto the dress using Tim Holtz carved pumpkin distress ink and did a little ink blending at the bottom. I also stamped the mini hearts in the same color. I fussy cut all of the images out. I adhered the hearts directly to the card using liquid glue. I added some peach twine from Stampin' UP directly to the card and tied a bow and popped the image up off of the card using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. To add a little interest to the card I added a strip of patterned paper by My Mind's Eye from the Follow Your Heart 12x12 paper pad directly to the bottom of the card panel and then added a tiny strip of cardstock I had colored with the same carved pumpkin distress ink to match. I adhered the focal panel to my white A2 card base and then added some white gel pen details for some added interest. Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Be sure to pop over to the Send A Smile 4 Kids blog to see how the rest of the design team was inspired by this month's challenge. 

 

4 comments:

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, Think I sound like a broken record because it seems like a say this almost every month... but this may be my favorite card of yours EVER. This is fabulous! The white blossoms on that crumb cake with pops of carved pumpkin and black accents is so pretty. Soooo pretty! Of course you added a bow accent to the dress. That's so you. Thank you for pointing out the versatility of your card. I know our shippers love getting cards that can be used in a variety of ways.

Lisa Elton said...

I really like the white blooms in the background! This is lovely, Celeste!

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love the blending on the dress.

Kim S said...

I love how you brought so many elements together into a perfect card!! The flowers across the kraft and on the dress are lovely.