Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Merry Christmas-Caffeinated Christmas

 



Hello, and welcome to the November Caffeinated Christmas card challenge. This month we are featuring projects with coffee and holly. One lucky participant will be chosen to win a $15 gift card to one of the list of participating sponsors, so be sure to link up a project! I was so sad to hear that Ellen Hutson was closing her shop, but was tickled to pick up the adorable Cozy Cuppa stamp set on clearance before they closed shop. And it came in just in time for this month's challenge! It's like it was meant to be!  I created this adorable card by stamping out all of the images onto Copic-friendly cardstock and coloring them with my alcohol markers. I fussy cut them out leaving a small white border around the edges. I created the background by stamping the Recollections Christmas small wood block background stamp onto some watercolor paper using Versamark ink. I heat embossed the background using Ranger's detail white embossing powder. I then inked the background with spun sugar and saltwater taffy distress inks. I added splatter for additional interest. Using the small Spellbinders nestabilities deckled edge dies I die cut a focal panel. I adhered the panel directly to my white A2 card base and stamped the sentiment from the Crate Paper Snow and Cocoa mini stamp set at the bottom using Versafine onyx black ink. I adhered all of my images together the way I wanted them and then popped them up off of the focal panel using 3M foam tape. For a finishing touch, I added white gel pen detail to the images. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. And thank you to Caffeinated Christmas card challenge for letting me guest design this month! 





5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Celeste, this is so wonderful! Love how you were inspired.
Thanks so much for guesting with us!

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love the colors! Congratulations on being a GD at Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge. I love that challenge blog! Happy Thanksgiving!

Lisa Elton said...

Well this is just adorable! A great bargain and I love the way you used it!

Maria said...

A beautiful card! So cute with the gingerbread man in the cup!

Greta said...

Oh what a delightful card! Adorable & beautiful!