Thursday, September 1, 2016

Happy Birthday

Today's card was created for the latest Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I thought it would be fun to do a portrait card instead of the landscape card that is featured in the sketch. I started with a white card base and layered on some masculine patterned papers from the Basic Grey Carte Postale 6x6 paper pad. I added a small strip of basic black cardstock from Stampin' UP in between the patterned papers to break up the patterns and add some interest. I added some dashed lines around the outside of the card to help define the edges a bit more and then stamped on the greeting from Stampin' UP's Sky Is The Limit stamp set. I stamped the plane and the clouds from the same stamp set onto some white cardstock from and fussy cut them out. I stamped the plane's smoke plume directly onto the card and added some white gel pen to help make it look more like white clouds or smoke. I then popped the plane and the clouds up off the card using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I plan on giving this card to my grandfather for his birthday this month.


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific masculine card and a great paper choice too!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, How clever to use clouds for the circles! Great sketch interpretation! Hope you have a wonderful 3-day weekend. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful! I love how you rotated the sketch!

Karren said...

Fabulous card! Love that airplane image and your patterned papers are gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.