Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Fall


My second card today was created for both Cards In Envy and The Challenge challenges. I will also be donating this card to the Send A Smile 4 Kids card donation program. Yes Sybrina, I have cards coming your way this week! I started my card by layering some chocolate chip cardstock from Stampin' UP onto my white cardbase. I then layered some pretty, glittery paper Autumn Splendor patterned 12x12 paper from Best Creation onto my card. The photo doesn't do this adorable paper justice. It really sparkles and shines and the best part is it's permanent, which is perfect for donating cards to children in hospitals because it won't flake off and become airborne. Anyway, I did some masking and stamping using the adorable images from My Favorite Things Harvest Mouse stamp set and die cut the image using a pierced edge circle die, also from My Favorite Things. I colored the adorable image using Copic markers and added some pretty clear Wink of Stella to help mimic the glitter of the paper. Using Hero Arts Layering Tree stamp set I stamped the sentiment above the scene using Gina K charcoal brown ink. I cut a small strip of the same chocolate chip cardstock and added it to the card and then adhered the focal die directly on top. I love how sweet this little card turned out! I have to apologize for the poor quality of my photo. I usually use my smart phone but it died on me yesterday and I'm using my tablet. Unfortunately, the photo quality is not quite as good. I will be fixing that this week so bear with me. 


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love these little mice and your card is adorable!!

~amy~ said...

Awwww...how adorable! Love your fall themed card Celeste!

Notes by Nina said...

So cute:), Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Lovely coloring! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

Sandy Trefger said...

Love that paper and the cute image! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy for out "For the Kids" card challenge.

Kathy S said...

Squeal! I love fall and your card has me smiling big time. Perfect "for the kids" card entry at Cards in Envy - so glad you joined us this week.

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet card, Celeste!

Sybrina K said...

Yes, Celeste, you did indeed send SAS4Kids card my way, and I can't tell you how much I drooled over your sweet cards... including the ones with this adorable little mouse and that fabulous paper. (You're so right about the picture not capturing the glittery fun factor of this pretty paper.) Thank you for your support of SAS4Kids and for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)