Saturday, September 10, 2016

Happy Birthday Journey

Today's card was created for my precious little granddaughter Journey for her 7th birthday. She loves all things pink and I usually create something girly for her but I decided to do a fun and whimsical little party monster for her card this year. I started with a white card base and layered a floral piece of patterned paper from Crate Paper's Paper Heart Collection 6x6 paper pad. I then die cut a stitched rectangle of Copic friendly cardstock using a Gina Marie Designs die. I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler stamp set using Memento tuxedo black ink. I then stamped the hat from Stampabilities Party Hats stamp. I created a mask for the hat and then stamped the adorable little monster from Paper Smooches Falling For You stamp set and the balloon from The Greeting Farm's Hello Unicorn stamp set. I colored all of the images in using various shades of pink Copic markers. I die cut the banners using a The Cat's Pajama's die and coordinating papers from the same Crate Paper paper pad. I adhered them directly onto the card and added some Clear Wink of Stella glitter pen to the monster and the other elements for some pretty shine and shimmer. I popped the entire focal panel up off of the card using 3M foam tape. Journey loved it as well as her gifts. This year she wanted My Little Pony and mermaid things so I obliged her. She and her mom and dad came to town today and we had a wonderful afternoon playing and eating out...right up until it was time to go. She always gets so sad when she has to leave grandma and it breaks my heart. 
Here she is with mom at Le Bounce. She just loves that place. It's the one place where she can be the little daredevil she truly is and not hurt herself. LOL.

These two are my world! Sorry for how blurry this pic is...I'm not great at taking selfies. 

Cue those big crocodile tears! They get me every time!!!


3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Great pics!
Such a fun birthday card!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little bday card!! Journey is adorable, hope she enjoyed a very HAPPY 7th birthday! Those tears pulled on my heartstrings too, poor baby.

Leigh Penner said...

Super fun card, Celeste! Happy birthday to Journey!