Sunday, September 4, 2016

Thank You For That Thing You Did

Today's card was created for the latest Unity Stamp Company Facebook challenge. I absolutely adore fall but don't have too many stamps from Unity that reflect that season of the year. So, I pulled out the large bloom from the Now & Always stamp set and did some fun paper piecing. I started by layering a brown wood grain piece of patterned paper from Simple Stories Take A Hike 6x6 paper pad onto my white card base. I prepped the paper with my anti-static tool and heat embossed the sentiment from the I Hope You Feel Beautiful stamp set. Once dry I went all around the panel with my white gel pen and added some faux stitching. I them stamped the bloom and its leaves onto more patterned papers from the same paper pad, fussy cut them out, and edged them with my black Memento marker for nice crisp edges. I mounted the bottom layer of the bloom directly onto the card and then popped the remaining two layers up using foam dimensionals from Stampin' UP. A button that I had from my stash completed the card. I do have to apologize for the poor quality of this photo. I usually take better pics than this but my phone is on the fritz and I took this with my tablet. Apparently the photo quality is not as good on that device. Anyway, I hope you like it!


3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful, Celeste! I love that dark woodgrain background!

Becca Cruger said...

That patterned paper flower is soooo cute! This card is so warm and autumnal! Really pretty make!

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE the mix of plaid and polka dots for your flowers!! This is such a PRETTY card Celeste!!