Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Birthday

My first card today was created for the latest The Paper Players challenge. I knew as soon as I saw the circle challenge that I had to create something funky and graphic. I started with some patterned papers from Studio Calico's There There 6x6 paper pad and layered them onto my white card base. Using the same patterned papers and some olive green cardstock from Hobby Lobby I die cut some circles using nesting dies from Spellbinders. I cut the centers of the circles smaller and slightly off center to create a funky, cool, and very graphic look. I cut slits into the some of the circles and looped them together and adhered them onto my patterned paper panel, trimming off any excess that extended off of the edge of the paper. I then adhered the panel down onto the card and added a thing strip of the same olive green cardstock. I stamped the sentiment from the Stampabilities Card Phrases stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink. I love this cool and masculine look and hope you do too! I have to apologize for the quality of my photo. My phone died yesterday and my tablet doesn't photograph with the same clarity as my phone did. I hope to remedy that this week. 


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cool card!!

stampwithsandy said...

Celeste this is awesome! Love how you linked the circles together, so clever. Thanks for plyaing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

Colleen Begley said...

This is super COOL! I love this graphic card. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week.